Construction chemicals positively contribute to the high quality and durability of any construction. The construction chemicals
industry in India is currently at a nascent stage but is growing fast. As per available figures, the industry size is estimated at 3,200 crores and has the potential to grow to ` 7,000 crores by 2018.
The growth in the construction industry, combined with faster and safer construction, will propel the growth for the construction chemicals industry. In India the industry currently represents combination of organized and unorganized sector. For the first time, the leading manufacturers have come together to form an association - The Construction Chemicals Manufacturers' Association (CCMA). The key objective of CCMA will be to promote the growth of the construction chemicals industry by raising the awareness and quality standards as well act as a representa-tive body for communicating with government, chambers of commerce, regulatory authorities and other forums, be it dome sticor international.
Aims and Objectives of CCMAINDIA
- Provide a forum for construction chemicals manufacturers in India and promote the interest of its members in relation to commerce and industry in India. In particular, identify and discuss common problems facing the construction chemicals industry to arrive at solutions, including exchange of information amongst its members.
- Educate members on provisions of various central and state enactments and their amendments through seminars, meetings, exhibitionsetc.
- Promote and accelerate the growth of the construction chemicals industry in India by collecting and disseminating statistical and technical information and creating awareness to maintain high standards among users.
- Be a constructive forum to communicate with governmental bodies/associations, chambers of commerce and other commercial, industrial and public bodies within or outside India to promote the objectives of the association.
- To establish a just, equitable standard / practices in the manufacture of construction chemicals, trade and commerce. To regulate the conduct and practice of construction chemicals trade and manufacture.
- Stand out as a body to continuously impart awareness amongst construction chemicals manufacturers to maintain high standards and business ethics for the benefit of end users. Achieve this through continuous education in the field of construction chemicals by means of training and upgrading the skills of personnel by organizing workshops, conferences, lectures, seminars, disseminating information through periodicals or journals, books, institution of scholarships, fellowships, awards, and encouraging research studies.
- To subscribe to become a member of or otherwise affiliate or cooperate with any other body in India or elsewhere with which the association has common interest to establish, cooperate with, or receive into the association or otherwise assist any association or accept affiliation of any other association having objectives similar to those of association.
- To do all such acts, deeds and things as may be necessary and conducive to the manufacture, and development of trade and commerce in relation to or incidental to the construction chemicals industry, in the promotion or attainment, or in the overall interest of the objectives of association.